Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

8 weeks, 5 days with first belly picture

I thought I'd be Miss Adventure today and venture out to Michaels (I needed some floss for a cross stitch I'm working on) and the grocery store to get some more snacks and tissues. Bad, bad, bad idea. Especially the grocery store. So many horrible, nauseating smells in there. Sorry, Matt, but I think you will be in charge of grocery shopping until my nausea gets better. Even Michaels was nauseating. 

Not much to update today. I was coughing a lot last night, but am not sure why. I feel bad because it kept Matt up for a few hours....and probably our neighbors. 

My mom ordered some books for us on Amazon about pregnancy (and one book of prayers during pregnancy!) that I am so excited to get...but I have to wait until Monday to get them. I'm on book 11 of the Left Behind series, so that should keep me busy until then!

The past few days I've noticed a big change in my body shape. My stomach is definitely expanding, but it's still at the point where people wouldn't think I'm pregnant, just fat. I think. I'm mean, I'm only (almost) 9 weeks, and I feel HUGE! I've actually LOST six pounds in the past two weeks because of my nausea (not a big deal because I'm definitely not underweight, fyi). I'm self conscious of my changing figure, especially because I'm heavier to begin with, but you can tell something is going on here. :) (Disclaimer: no makeup!) I have no idea how my stomach is getting bigger up so high when my uterus is so low, and I've been losing weight. Magic! Part of the large tummy is also bloat...way more of that going on that I anticipated, but apparently it's a really common thing in pregnancy. Also, note the black stretchy yoga pants. Because jeans are just too uncomfortable. I'm keepin' it classy. 


The thought of twins did cross my mind. How insane would that be?!?!? There's not really any way to know for sure without an ultrasound. We will be happy with whatever blessings are bestowed upon us. :)

My hair has been behaving nicely, and seems to be thicker and shinier (from the extra oils the hormones produce). I'll take that perk. :) I've never had strong nails, either, so I hope I can experience that for a bit during this pregnancy! I'm sure the prenatal vitamins help with that, too.

I have more energy today (hence the attempted...well, semi-successful outing this morning), but will sleep very well tonight because I was up so much last night coughing.  

Because I'm craving mainly salty foods (tex-mex, tortilla chips, pastas, potatoes, etc.) I need to watch my sodium intake. I bought some graham crackers today at the grocery store, which are about as sweet as I can do right now. I was craving caramel popcorn this morning (my friend Trineka makes it soooo good, but she's in California right now with her sister about to have a baby!), but by the time I got to the grocery store, it sounded way too sweet. The graham crackers hit the spot, and I kept them down! I had ramen noodles this morning (a few hours after my toast) that were super yummy, too. It was strange for me to be so hungry in the morning, but oh well. 

I have been craving sweet and sour chicken today. I miss getting Chinese with Matt's parents when we lived there. And Anthony's pasta and pizza, of course. It wasn't too long ago that their area didn't have any restaurants, and no pizza place would deliver. I love being so close to family, but they still feel so far away! But I digress. 

Matt and I decided that I am going to wait until the second trimester (just a few more weeks, towards the end of October) to start working. I'm lucky to even have this option. If I were working right now, I think I would call in half the time because my nausea/vomiting gets so bad. Now is not the time to add the stress of starting a new job, either. Money's tight, but baby is #1. It helps that family and friends think that's a good idea, too. 

I go to my primary care physician a week from today. Hopefully they will (finally) do some blood work, but it will be good to get my vitals taken to make sure everything is good so far. It will be my first time actually meeting my PCP, because the last two times I've gone to the clinic my PCP wasn't available.

We're praying every night and throughout the day (for our baby and baby Emerson, Cassie and Zach's baby who is 17 weeks right now), but would love all the prayers we can get! 

Also, and this is such a ridiculous 21st century issue, we're trying to decide how to tell our friends on facebook. It will definitely involve an ultrasound pic! :)

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I miss having you guys there to eat Antonio's and Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Chinese tonight (sweet and sour chicken)...didn't work out. :/

    I've read that many pregnant women have an aversion to certain foods that are more likely to carry harmful bacteria/chemicals that are bad for baby, including meats, seafood, and a lot of processed foods. Hence the cravings for carbs, which carry a lower risk.

    Busch Gardens cheese pizza is something I could keep down, though...;) (pssst, Katie!)

    <3

    ReplyDelete