Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

16 Weeks

SIXTEEN WEEKS! Or, four months. Or, awesomeness. In my mind, the biggest milestones come when a new month rolls around. We're almost halfway there. :)

Baby is about the size of an avocado now.

Like this, but not cut in half. And who cuts an avocado that perfectly? This has to be CG.

On the next weekly update, we'll know if baby is a boy or girl...as long as (s)he cooperates, that is.

Baby is about 4.5-5 inches now and weighs about 3.5 ounces-almost a quarter of a pound! Baby is now able to hear, and his/her facial expressions are developing. Baby is sleeping and dreaming now. I'm pretty sure I felt a kick his morning when I was rubbing my belly. It kind of hurt, and baby is still small. I'm hoping we don't have a karate baby in there. I still only feel movements when I'm laying or sitting very still, and there is not much background noise. Their heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood each day. Baby is keeping busy. His/her neck and legs are getting much stronger (maybe that's why I felt the kick?) and toenails are starting to grow-awwww. Tiny little baby feet! Their eyes are moving towards the front of their face now, too. 

Remember when we first found out we were pregnant? That seems like such a long time ago! I look back and realize how much I have worried for no good reason. Baby is safe, healthy, and happy. Look how much bigger (s)he has gotten!

I am getting ridiculously excited for Saturday. Not only to hopefully find out the gender, but because Matt and I will be seeing baby together again for the first time in about 8 weeks. Plus, we'll have Matt's mom, dad, and Brian and Katie with us. How fun! I'm going to have some caffeine before the ultrasound-not a lot, just enough to wake baby up so (s)he moves around. It helps the tech determine the gender....but hey, at my last ultrasound baby's legs were wide open. So maybe it won't even be an issue! :)

Much love!

To our precious baby, you are our world. We can't wait to meet you, but please don't come out until late April or May, despite how much I may complain about how you're causing mommy some discomfort. You are perfect, and we love you more than words can say. Stay safe and warm, little one! 

1 comment:

  1. love this - how fun to do a family trip for the Ultra. Can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete