Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

14 Weeks

14 weeks today-woohoo! Oh, baby, you are causing me to feel so many strange things! I've been having more cramping and stretching as my muscles grow to accomodate our little growing miracle. What is baby up to nowadays? (S)he is about the size of a lemon-3.5 inches long and weighing about 1.5 ounces.
In my belly, baby is able to squint, grimace, frown, pee, and suck his or her thumb. Lanugo (a soft downy hair) is starting to develop on their body, which helps keep them warm. Baby's liver is starting to produce bile this week. Their spleen is starting to produce red blood cells, and by the end of this week baby's arms will be a length that's proportionate to their body. The baby is also being more active, although it's questionable whether it can be felt at this point (I say yes!). 

What does baby look like right now? Perfect!

My belly has started to round out more, yay! My clothes are all getting pretty tight, so I'm glad my mom will be bringing some maternity clothes with her next week! I'm having more back pain, but it's a dull ache, not sharp or debilitating pain like sciatica. My nausea this past week (besides last Tuesday) has been great, except yesterday I got sick mid-morning. We had a great weekend-lunch with friends at Olive Garden, a visit from Michele, and we put up our Christmas decorations (early, but we're making up for lost time because we didn't get to decorate last year!). My mom is flying in on Monday and I'm so excited! Then it's Thanksgiving. Mashed potatoes sound so good right now. :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment