Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

9 WEEKS!

Ok, so 9 weeks isn't a *major* milestone, but it's still pretty awesome! At this point, Baby Mac is the size of a grape....or an olive, but the olive picture grossed me out, so we're going to stick with grape. 


Baby's Development: Your new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

When I first read the phrase "tiny teeth" I thought of cat teeth. Have you ever seen the bottom teeth of a cat? They are SO TINY! I can't imagine teeth even tinier than that!

Matt and I watched a video about conception and in utero development (it was a TED video, Keith and dad!) and the guy said that if the baby continued to grow throughout the entire pregnancy as fast as it grows in the first trimester, it baby would be 1.5 tons. Glad I don't have to give birth to that! Think about it, though. The baby goes from a few cells to weighing half an ounce in nine weeks. That's pretty amazing! Watching these videos on you tube just puts me in awe of this incredible miracle growing inside of me! (For those of you who are curious, here is the link to that video. It's a little under ten minutes long.)

Also, conception is a pretty crazy process. And kind of gross at times.

How I'm feeling and What I'm Craving: Still sick, but better. My sinus infection is gone, but I'm still having some congestion/coughing. My nausea/vomiting varies from day to day, but last night and this morning I had a bowl of cereal (something that I couldn't even think about without throwing up a few days prior) and it made a HUGE difference in my nausea. I still am not craving meats, seafood, or most fruits/veggies, and just want starches, but I'm progressing. My cravings for saltier foods have subsided the past day, too. I'm craving more bland foods. My energy levels are slowly increasing day by day and I feel more like myself. 

Baby and I slept through the night last night, and it was AMAZING! Matt and I (and Sirius) still took a nap this morning...because we could. We were going to go to Busch Gardens with Brian and Katie, but the weather was iffy, so we're going to go next weekend. Something to look forward to!! :) Hopefully my nausea will be better by then, too.

I just bought a maternity dress (clearance!), bra, and red cardigan (for a cousin's wedding in October) online from JCPenny. I am going to try not to spend too much money on clothes that I won't wear for more than a few months, but I *need* some support...and the dress was cheap. I want a pair of maternity leggings from Old Navy but that will wait! I bought some belly bands on amazon last night, which will hopefully allow me to wear pants I currently have instead of having to buy maternity-specific pants....because I'm having a heck of a time finding plus-size maternity jeans that are long enough (I wear a 34-36" inseam). 

I also spent about $50 on trash bags and dog poop bags. Ridiculous, right? But buying them in bulk saves so much money. 

I am very excited for my doctor's appointment Thursday, even though it's with my general practitioner. That means my next appointment (with the OB!) is just around the corner. :)

Happy Saturday!

(note: sorry for the strange white background on some of the text...I can't figure out how to get rid of it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment