Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

12 Weeks, 2 Days

Twelve Weeks! Some consider this the start of the first trimester; others consider it to be 13 weeks, and still others 14 weeks. Either way, I am excited to be three months pregnant!

Baby has double its weight this week and now weighs about half an ounce. (S)he is 2 inches long, and about the size of a....

Plum!

Baby's reflexes are developing (moving fingers, sucking) and is actually beginning to look like a baby instead of an alien. Baby's ears are where they should be by now, and the eyes are moving inwards. His/her kidneys are starting to function, too.

Look at how far baby has come (or just scroll down to the bottom picture to see what baby looks like now). :)
Week 2 (Conception):
Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:

Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:


My back pain has gotten less acute, but more widespread. I'd rather have it this way, so my sciatica doesn't flare up and cause mobility issues. Heartburn has been rearing its ugly head, and headaches are more common. There are some other not-so-pleasant pregnancy side effects I'll just let you ponder, but overall I'm feeling like I have more energy, sleeping better during the night, and vomiting less. My nausea comes and goes and I still have dry heaving, but it's much better than what it was just last week. Hopefully I won't jinx myself!

Matt and I bought a crib last night. YAY! We are so excited. And, best of all, we got it from the new Target less than five minutes away. Yes. A Target. Within 5 minutes. This could be dangerous, especially considering all the adorable snugamonkey items. 

We wanted a crib that would convert into a toddler bed (this crib also converts into a full-size bed later on if we choose), and has multiple mattress heights. The brand (Delta) consistently receives the highest ratings on amazon. It was on sale from $250 to $175. 30% off? Yes, please! It was our first big baby purchase, and we are going to put it together today. :) 


Also, more exciting news. (I know, there's more?!?!!?) Last night after we got home from said crib purchase, there was a card in our mailbox from Michele, Jason, Eric, Maria, Brian, Katie, Mike, and Candy. There was a folded piece of paper in the card, and Matt opened it up first and his eyes got wide. I looked at the paper annnnnnd....they all went in to pay for our maternity photo session with Jayson & Rachael (the photography couple who are AMAZING and did Brian and Katie's wedding in March, Jason and Michele's wedding in October, and will be doing Mike and Candy's wedding next year). As I write this, I realize that if you're reading this blog, you probably already know all this information. 

Anyway, it was SUCH an amazing surprise! I'm so excited. :) Which is why, after waking up to pee at 5 AM, I couldn't back to sleep. I am so happy! Plus, the cooler weather is just so energizing.

Happy November!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the crib - looks quite a bit like the one we got for Mylee. We have it in Toddler mode now, and soon to be full bed mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it works for you guys! I love the convertible idea. Can't believe your baby girl is almost ready for a big girl bed! :)

      Delete