Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 28, 2012

8 weeks, 6 days and BABY POOL!

I think I need to stop going on facebook. I've never realized how many pictures of food people post on there. And right now, anything can trigger nausea. Well, it's constantly triggered, but anything can make it worse.  And people post really disgusting pictures. Not just cute little mini dragonfly cupcakes with a cream center, but nasty, calorie-laden, heartburn-inducing, that-person-is-going-to-really-regret-eating-that-later kind of pictures.

Baby and I slept well last night, yay! I've been following Matt's sleeping schedule the past couple of days-in bed by 9, asleep by 10, and wake up around 5 (he wakes up at 4:30, ew). I used to sleep later than that, especially when my exhaustion was much worse, but now I'll wake up to pee when his alarm clock goes off, and I have a hard time falling back to sleep because I'm so excited about baby! I am also lucky to be able to nap during the day if I want, but I haven't been doing that much. 

My coughing didn't get better yesterday, so around 8 PM Matt went and got me some Robitussin (safe for pregnancy) and cough drops. Both really helped, and it contributed to us all getting a good night's sleep! He's the best. :)

We usually feed Sirius at 7 AM and 7 PM, but I feel bad being up for a couple of hours without taking him outside, and we feed him before we take him out in the morning and at  night (don't worry, we do take him out throughout the day, too). I've started taking him out earlier, which he definitely doesn't mind. Unfortunately, his pee and poo are both nausea triggers. I'm sure the kids at the bus stop wonder why the strange lady in her pajamas starts dry heaving every morning when her dog does his business. That life, kids!

I did eat Chinese last night, and it was deeeeelicious, but couldn't keep it down. Sometimes, food just doesn't agree with me. Other time, my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and my stomach can't hold what it used to....most of the time. The other night I had a huge vegetarian burrito, rice, and tortilla chips...and was still hungry. Not the "oh, I'll convince myself I'm still hungry because that tasted so gosh darn good" but seriously hungry. Who knows!

I am looking forward to my doctor's appointment next Thursday with my PCP, and my OB appointment October 9th (hopefully followed by an ultrasound soon after!). I'm also enjoying following my baby's progress. It's such a miracle! I'm also looking forward to seeing Katie and Brian this weekend (first time seeing them after finding out about baby). YAY! 

You're probably wondering what the Baby Pool reference is about, huh?

No, it's not this kind of pool.

Or this kind of pool (although ridiculously adorable)!

It's a Baby Pool game where all of our family and friends can guess the baby's gender, weight, length, and due date/time. (I saw that Cassie did this on her blog, so I can't say I thought of this all by myself. :)) You don't have to enter any personal information-just your relation to us and your name. Points are awarded for incorrect guesses. Whoever has the least amount of points at the end wins! What's the prize? Self-satisfaction and bragging rights! And utter humiliation for the loser. Just kidding. Wouldn't it be funny if I was the loser? :)

Click the expectnet.com icon at the top right of this page under or go to expectnet.com and enter the game name BabyMaclauchlan (no spaces) in the top left of the page where it says "Invited Guests."

Have fun, and HAPPY FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment