Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

29 Weeks, 1 Day

I can't believe we're almost to 30 weeks. Well, we may be already, but still. 30 weeks! 75% complete. (Beep boop, robot sounds.)

According to baby websites, James is now 2.5-3.5 pounds and about 15-17 inches long, the size of a...

Butternut squash! Or, an...

Acorn squash! Let's just call him a Buttercorn squash this week to even it out.

His bones are growing and hardening each day and he is using more calcium. His muscles are also developing, and I can feel him getting stronger every minute (ok, not really, but it seems that way). James's brain is getting bigger to accomodate all that intelligence he's getting from his daddy. His sense of taste is developing and he can respond to pain (awwwww).

At this point, books and websites (and my doctor) say that if baby's movements decrease, I need to go to the doctor. That is most certainly something I do not need to worry about. He moves all. the. time. now. Maybe he's kicking in his sleep? Either way, it's making sleep for me harder. (Yes, grandmas, I know, I "should get used to it.") The third trimester has been truly exhausting, so I want to get as much sleep as I can before little James is born! He is still lying very low and I believe he is head up, feet down right now (like he's standing up). He's starting to smush up more as he grows, though. I can't wait to see him again at my ultrasound on Monday.

I also have another OB appointment Friday. I believe I'll start going every 2 weeks now, and will go in for fetal monitoring more frequently, as well.

I am getting very uncomfortable and counting down the days until I get to meet our precious baby boy (only 76 days to go!!). I love being able to grow our blessed little miracle and feel him kick, but the side effects are not very pleasant. It is a lot easier to take care of him when he's in utero than after birth, though. He will be worth it. :)

March will be a very busy (but fun) month! Maternity photo session, doctor's appointments, 3 classes, my mom's visit, and my baby shower. Time is flying by. It will be April, then May, and before we know it, we'll be parents. <3

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to go to the OB with you on the 22nd! Thanks for scheduling your appt. when I'm in VA. Can't wait to you! Love, Mutti

    ReplyDelete