Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

35 Weeks, 5 Days

Oh my goodness, time has flown by since the last blog post! We have been busy nesting and I have been busy sewing (bibs, bow ties, burp cloths and other baby-related goodies). It's helping me rid of some of that nervous energy I have now that our little boy's arrival is just around the corner!

James is doing well! He is over 18 inches long now (almost 19 inches) and won't gain much more length before he's born, but will gain some more weight. He weighs between 5-6 pounds right now, but we'll have a more accurate guess (a more accurate guess just seems like an oxymoron) after the growth scan ultrasound tomorrow.

Fruits of the week:


Coconut and Honeydew! (Although the website that says Coconut for 35 weeks says Honeydew for 36 weeks...I think they're running out of produce to compare baby to). If I had to guess his size and weight and compare it to a fruit, I'd say a watermelon considering how huge I am and how heavy I feel. I am getting to the point where quite a few strangers are asking me when I am due. Half the time I'm caught off guard and wonder why they're asking me "what I do"-that's so rude!-and then I realize what they really asked. 23 days or less as of today, but I just started saying "3 weeks" because I'm lazy.

This, but sideways. 

His hearing is now fully developed, and his testes have fully descended. Atta boy. Earlier today Sirius yelped (Matt accidentally stepped on his paw) and James responded to that. Apparently they hear higher pitched frequencies better. I guess James would love Mariah Carey, then, yes?

The past 4-5 days he has been much more active than usual, but today he has been pretty quiet. I have been noticing more false contractions, lower back/pelvis/hip pain, and other changes that tell me that labor is coming within a couple of weeks. Yay! Now if we could only get him to flip head down....That would be great.

We will find out his position, estimated weight, growth, and my fluid levels tomorrow. Wednesday I have another nonstress test, and Thursday is an OB appointment. This is the first appointment where they start checking me for signs of labor, I believe. They will also discuss trying to move James manually. This is called External Cephalic Version, which is latin for "pushing very hard on a pregnant woman's belly to get the baby to move downwards." I believe James has started to rotate more downwards, but don't think his head is engaged like it used to be.

I will be updating the blog with more info this week. We're getting very close. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeks! So exciting!!! I better get your box in the mail FAST!

    ReplyDelete