Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

24 Weeks

If we pretend that there are only 4 weeks in each month (instead of 4 weeks + a couple of days), I'm six months pregnant today. Woohoo! James is wiggling as I type this. He's celebrating and planning his escape.

Baby is a bit over a pound now and bit over 12"...not much difference from last week, but in the coming weeks he will grow much more. One website says he's the size of an ear of corn:

And another says he's the size of a cantaloupe:

So, yeah, I don't know. Maybe he's the length of an ear of corn and the weight of a cantaloupe? I love cantaloupe, and have been craving it, but the outside looks so much like a brain it's mildly creepy. 

James has been more active, and he had hiccups for the first time on Saturday morning (around 4 AM, which woke me up). Or, rather, I should say, I noticed his hiccups for the first time. It was adorable. 

My uterus is about the size of a soccer ball right now, and James is making full use of that space...mostly widthwise. 

He still likes to lie sideways at the bottom of my uterus, but I wish he would get a bit more vertical. (I feel like that sentence structure is horrible, but I'm too tired to try and reword it.) I do periodically feel him further up in my belly above my belly button, but he still prefers to hang out very low. 

I have been getting heartburn and acid reflux more frequently, but there's not really any definitive triggers and it's very random. Luckily Tums help. My sleeping has been more irregular as James moves more and wakes me up. Good thing he's cute. :)

Speaking of cute....look what I found at Target!

James's first airplane! It's a teether toy that has a little mirror for the cockpit and the little heads spin around. It's adorable. And makes me way more excited than it should. My mom had the great idea to buy an extra...because inevitably, it will get lost. And that would make me very sad. 

I realized that I never posted the pictures from the ultrasound on January 4. Oops! They aren't nearly as good as the gender reveal pictures, here's our little man:

Little hand

Profile (with no nose, apparently, but his mouth is open a bit!)

Showing off the proof that he's a boy

What a good looking brain! (Another profile shot)

On Friday, we made homemade cinnamon rolls. They were so amazing and eaten so fast I didn't take a picture. I want another one...right now. :)

On Saturday I went to Cassie's baby shower. It was great to see family and celebrate little Emme. 


Maria was able to feel James kick when we got back to their house. I don't mind people feeling my belly, but usually James won't cooperate and kick right where they put their hand (even if he has been kicking in that space for ten minutes). I haven't had any strangers touch my belly yet, thank goodness. I'm not ok with that. 

We went out for dinner and it was so nice to be with family and get out of the house. Matt spent the day with his dad and Brian so he had fun, too. 

On Sunday we had lunch and played a game with Rachel and Shaunte (Matt works with Rachel) and that was tons of fun. James started moving more when we were talking and laughing. He definitely hears us! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! Just keep on growin' my cute little ear of corn cantelope grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete