Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

25 Weeks!

I don't know why, but 25 sounds so much further than 24. James has been more active and his kicks and movements are getting much stronger. He can reach my ribs now, which isn't very pleasant. I can feel my belly getting heavier and bigger as he grows big and strong. He doesn't seem to respond when Matt puts his hands on my belly, but when he lays his head on my belly, James is more than willing to show his karate moves.

Baby James is about 13.5-14.5 inches this week, and weighs 1.5-2.5 pounds. That seems like a really big difference in weight. Hmm. He's definitely growing, and I feel it! His equilibrium is developing and he knows what way is up and down...but he's also in a sac of fluid, so I'm not sure how accurate that is. He has been spending more time upright or upside down than sideways, though, which is nice for my hips. Not for my other organs, but hey, you can't win them all. James is growing more hair and it has a distinct color and texture. Awww. I have read (on the internet, so we know it's true) that women with heartburn during pregnancy are more likely to give birth to a baby with a full head of hair. Not sure if that's true, but the heartburn and acid reflux are definitely getting worse and are an almost constant thing. Time will tell! Anyway, he's roughly the size/weight of a rutabaga or cauliflower.

Um, ew. As disgusting at this is, the picture of cauliflower literally makes me nauseous, so I'm not posting that. I'm pretty sure you all know what cauliflower looks like. (Fact: I didn't know what a rutabaga was until I googled it. I thought it was a provence in Spain or something.)

Awwwww. 

I thought it'd be fun to create a list of pregnancy milestones up to this point. It seems like such a long time ago that we found out we were pregnant! I wish I could go back in time to my newly-pregnant self and tell myself not to worry. 

Early and mid-September, 2012 - First signs of pregnancy (nausea/vomiting, soreness, cravings)
September 20, 2012 - Positive Pregnancy Test (i.e. the surprise of our lives)...and also the day we told our families and close friends, because we're able to keep a secret and all.
September 25, 2012 - First ultrasound (only gestational sac was visible)
October 10, 2012 - First ultrasound where we saw our precious baby and heard its heartbeat <3
October 14, 2012 - Pregnancy announcement on facebook
October 15, 2012 - Ultrasound picture of baby that we could share with family
November 6, 2012 - Starting to feel little flutters from baby
December 2, 2012 - Gender Reveal ultrasound where baby did not reveal his/her gender
December 10, 2012 - IT'S A BOY!!! (He finally cooperated with the gender reveal!)
December 25, 2012 - 20 Weeks, halfway there!
January 4, 2013 - Anatomy scan (part 1)...James's gender confirmed!
January 9, 2013 - Matt felt James for the first time :)

Happy Tuesday! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment