Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

18 Weeks

Only 2 more weeks and we're halfway done! Then the really challenging part comes around...parenthood!

James (we know baby's name now, yay!)  is busy wiggling, punching, kicking, yawning, rolling, twisting, sucking and swallowing around, myelin is developing around his nerves, and his ears are in their final place. You can sort of see them in some of the ultrasound pictures from yesterday. He's just so handsome, if I do say so myself.

He is now the size of a sweet potato-about 5.5-6" long, and weighs 7 ounces. He's getting so big and strong!
This length, but much cuter. And with limbs.

I don't feel him move all the time, but when I do, it's still a fluttering/ticklish kind of sensation, like there's a butterfly flying around in my uterus. Within the next few weeks I'll start feeling him really kick. I can't wait until Matt can feel him!

Baby James, you are the light of our life. We are beyond blessed, and can't wait to welcome you into this world and meet you for the first time. We love you more than we will ever be able to express. Seeing you last night via ultrasound and finding out you are a boy was such an amazing experience for daddy and I. Stay cozy and safe for 22 more weeks, then we (and all our family) will shower you with love and kisses and hugs.

Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment