Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

19 Weeks

Almost halfway there....and only one week until Christmas! Happiness abounds. :)

James has been very busy. I felt him kick for the first time on Friday (December 14), which was amazing! He's been a little wiggle worm.

On Saturday I met with Jayson and Rachael, the photographers doing my maternity shoot, and we decided that the beginning of March would be a good time to do them. We will be taking the photos in Colonial Williamsburg. Woohoo!

I also got my hair cut at Urban Escape in Providence Forge-amazing, as always! My stylist did a blow out, which I haven't had done in....5 years? It looked great!

If only I had the patience to do this every day...:)

I was able to have some wonderful quality time with Eric and Maria. I was planning on driving home Saturday afternoon/evening, but by the time we got home it was dark and I was tired, so I stayed the night. I borrowed a pair of pajama pants from Maria and one of Eric's undershirts to sleep in. When I walked out into the living room wearing those clothes, my belly was very noticeable. Maria said she will feel very bad for me in the third trimester (because I'll be huge by then!) and Eric said that shirt looked a little tight, but that he has a tarp in the garage they could sew together to make something that would fit my growing belly. HAHAHA, he's so funny. I also think he's the only person that could say that without me getting mad. Anyway, on Saturday we went to Noodles and Co. in Mechanicsville...it was SOOOOO (sooo!!!) good. We went to Home Depot, BJ's, and Kohls, then went home. I love being so close to family! It was great to see Brian and Katie in the evening-we all watched the ultrasound video from the 10th together. I love seeing our little baby! 

We are looking forward to the Christmas get-together this weekend. Matt is working over the holiday, so we're celebrating early. I've started some baking but will be doing most of it on Friday and Saturday. 

James weight about 8.5 ounces right now (half a pound!!) and is about 6 inches long. One website said he's the size of a Mango, and another says a heirloom tomato. I've never seen a tomato that big, but I like the picture, so here goes.


Something like these. But you know, with limbs and an adorable little face.

This is a very funny visual, but pretty accurate. He's starting to get pretty smushed in there! He spends a lot of his time with his legs crossed. I think his legs are very long, so I can't blame him. :)

Vernix Caseosa (that white greasy stuff) now coats his skin to protect it from the amniotic fluid. Not really pleasant to think about, but a necessary step for little James (and babies everywhere)! His arms and legs are now proportionate to the rest of his body, as we saw in the ultrasound, and hair may be starting to grow on his little head. 

My nausea has been a bit worse recently, and I've been having more round ligament pain (the ligaments that support the base of my belly). There has been less cramping, which is reassuring to this mama! The kicks/flutters from James only come every so often, and I can't wait until they are consistent. It's such an awesome feeling, and reminds me that the not-so-pleasant pregnancy side effects are totally worth it. 

Can't wait to post next week. We're almost halfway, and then we get to meet our precious James! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. We love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment