Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

10 Weeks!

It's another weekly milestone, and we couldn't be more excited! My first OB appointment is also on Tuesday (no ultrasound, just a group info session), which will probably be boring but necessary. 

The baby is about the size of a prune right now, and is able to move his/her elbows. Most of the major organs are developed and functioning, and the fingers and toes are no longer webbed. What great progress! 

The baby is about as attractive as this prune right now...but perfect in every way!


On Wednesday, I only vomited once and felt great. I went to my primary care physician, and all of my vitals are doing great (which was a concern because some of my meds were changed)! They also took some blood and urine samples, but no news is good news. The hospital will be taking many more samples to test for many more things. Good thing I don't have an aversion to needles.

Yesterday, I didn't throw up at all! It was amazing. Granted, my nausea is still present and varies in intensity, but it was great to have a day with no vomiting. Unfortunately, today hasn't been as great, but that's ok. Baby is still causing hormones to go crazy!

As one woman posted on my online support group, "Isn't it crazy how reassuring it can be to be sick, uncomfortable and crabby?...I never had any symptoms with my baby I lost early either so I tried to relish every minute of being sick." So even though I am still feeling poorly, I am very happy to be feeling this way. 

I love getting anything in the mail that isn't a) junk mail or b) a bill, but getting a surprise package yesterday was so exciting! My sneaky mother-in-law bought me the fetal doppler I mentioned a few days ago. How exciting!! We tried to use it last  night, but were not able to find the heartbeat. I'm still pretty early, so I'm not concerned. It will be awesome to be able to hear it whenever I want once baby gets bigger. :)

We have also gotten a few cards in the mail congratulating us on our big news. It gives me such warm fuzzies! :)

We are going to Busch Gardens with Brian and Katie tomorrow, and I can't wait! I hope my nausea behaves, and that I have enough energy to not slow them down. It will be fun to get out of the house, although I have been getting motion sickness when in a car. (Don't worry, moms, I'm not going to go on any rides!) 

Happy Saturday!

P.S. If you haven't done the ExpectNet Baby Pool yet, you should! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment