Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

9 Weeks, 3 Days

Good morning! Baby and I didn't sleep very well last night because I woke up every 1-2 hours to pee, so we might take a nap today.

My vomiting is a bit better, but my nausea is still persistent. I've been able to expand the food groups a little bit, and cereal is my go-to meal. Not the healthiest, but a lot better than just potatoes or pasta all the time. I'm getting better at keeping things down, but that might also have something to do with the fact that I'm nibbling throughout the day on crackers and graham crackers, and eat a small meal every 3-4 hours. I've also started drinking more liquids-decaf black tea with honey, gatorade, and apple juice, because plain water makes me nauseous...sometimes. I know water is best, but if I throw that up it doesn't do much good.

Even though I'm sleepy, I feel like I have a bit more energy and focus compared to last week. I'm fortunate to be able to relax during the day and not have to worry about work (although I sure miss those paychecks!).

I'm having some mild cramping and lower back pain (both normal), but am starting to find it increasingly difficult to get comfortable. My legs feel heavier but that could be some water weight. I have been sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees...already, the pregnancy sleeping position begins. :)

I have been less coordinated (maybe because my center of gravity is shifting, or maybe because I'm just plain clumsy) and I keep stubbing my toes. Stubbing a toe hurts, but stubbing a toe after having a rod put in a few months ago is excruciating. I need to watch where I'm going more. Or just confine myself to a padded room.

Matt has been wonderful, going to the store if we need anything, and making sure I have everything I need. I hope he doesn't think I'm taking him for granted, because I'm definitely not! I am not the easiest person to live with normally, but with these crazy hormones, he, as my mom stated, "should be nominated for sainthood." That pretty much sums it up. He's the best. <3

My anxiety is pretty much the same, although I'm trying to take deep breaths and pray whenever I have negative thoughts. I had a nightmare last night (involving the baby), so waking up was a huge relief. There are so many unknowns, but I have to give it up to God or I'll drive myself crazy.

Our first ob/gyn appointment is a week from today! That seems so much closer than it did last week. And hopefully we will get an ultrasound shortly after that. We can't wait to see the baby and hear his/her heartbeat!

I think it's funny that on the Baby Pool, the boys are guessing it will be a boy, and the girls are guessing it will be a girl. Hmmmm. :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment