Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

11 Weeks, 1 Day

ELEVEN WEEKS! We are so excited to almost be into the second trimester! We feel so incredibly blessed and just gosh darn lucky to be able to grow a little Maclauchlan.

A few days ago, we decided to announce our pregnancy on Facebook. All of our family and close friends knew, but once we saw the heartbeat and little baby Monday night, it became so much more real!  Once a heartbeat is visible, the chance of something going wrong drops significantly, which is why many women choose to wait to see the heartbeat before announcing their pregnancy to the world.

I'm pretty sure once our child is old enough to understand what Facebook was/is, they'll think it is incredibly lame, but this is the picture we both posted:


I posted: "Our bun should be done on May 4, 2013!"
Matt posted: "Our bun is in the oven! I'm going to be a daddy!"

There are many ways to "reveal" a pregnancy on Facebook, but because we had a limited budget (of $0) and no professional photographer, we thought this was cute. Two of my friends announced their pregnancy with shoes-a pair of his, hers, and baby shoes. Another one announced with a shot of his legs/feet, her legs/feet, and their two dogs' paws with a pair of baby shoes. I've also seen "Our house will be growing by two feet in month/year!" See a theme here? Baby feet are so cute! I also like the classic "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage" rhyme. 

Yesterday, we went to Wal-Mart to do grocery shopping. When we got home, Matt posted on Facebook: "In all the years we've been together, I've never "allowed" Jillian to go down the baby stuff aisles in stores - I wanted to save that for when we were going to have a baby. We went down those aisles for the first time today." Awwwww, shucks! :) What he didn't post was that the really exciting thing we bought from the baby aisle was.............a nail clipper! (It was so cute and cheap, I couldn't say no.) We do have a baby registry on amazon, but are going to hold off on buying much until we find out the gender. I'm eager to check out garage sales and craigslist for good deals on used baby stuff (that comes from a cat-free and smoke-free home, of course). 

Besides back/hip pain and nausea, I'm doing well! I haven't gotten sick yet today, so that's good. I was only sick yesterday when we were in a car, so movement definitely triggers it. I hope the drive next weekend for the wedding goes smoothly, because I really don't want to throw up in my in-law's car. I've been carrying around a roll of (unused!) doggy poop bags that work well for when I'm sick and not at home. 

I am definitely showing more, although I'm not sure what percentage of that is bloating, and what is my internal organs moving upward to make room for my growing uterus. 

Cassie is now at 20 weeks (YAY!) and sent me this cool video/animation of how your body changes during pregnancy. It's mind blowing!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment